14 Jan 2013

Murky waters,big flies and big fish.

So i've been looking through some videos...
I've often said that my dream flyfishing trip would be starting out in the south of England,fishing dries on the chalks such as the Test and work my way up fishwise,rodwise and up the country ending my journey with salmon fishing on the river Spey.

I'm not entirely sure any more.
I've realised one of the things i enjoy the most is fishing for predatory fish.
No,not big trout that eat small fry but bog,mean toothy bastards of fish that attack with bad intent and out out nowhere.
Murky waters, ancient looking monsters and big flies that simply get shredded!
There's a couple of fish that fit that description.
One is of course our native pike but also the south american Tararira or wolffish.
They simply look ancient and mean.

Another that got me interested is the Australian Murray Cod, seems to be some sort in the bass family.

Placing your fly,stripping in....nothing....nothing....WHAM!!





Toman, the Giant Snakehead in southeast asia.


Tararia, the Wolffish




Here's a link to a GFF article about the Wolffish with more fish pictures as well as flychoice etc.

There are many more and i don't find flats fishing for big saltwater predators unappealing at all.
It's just something about the murky waters though...

No comments:

Post a Comment