28 Dec 2012

There and back again

If Bilbo would have brought a 2 hand rod on his trips instead of a stick.
I wonder wha fishing is like in middle earth.

Anyways...



I'm back from my trip down the country.
Visited family and fished a couple of days.
I've already told you about Gävle so here's Stockholm!

I got picked up by car,the luxury of it was not lost to me, and we arrived at the Stockholm stream at about a quarter to six in the morning.
Just half an hour later the first fish was hooked by Patrick and i jumbled to get the net ready while Mattias got the camera.
Unfortunatly the fish snagged on a rock and got loose.
That one was probably big,the second one he hooked was a bit smaller.

To me it was a moodraiser though, now we knew the fish was there!
We kept on fishing but to little success.
We changed the spot and i really found it wierd and interesting fishing amongst the houses and trying to anchor the line while standing by a wall 5 metres above the water.

My favourite spot of the day was just downstream of the house of government, it was possible to wade and make proper casts.

All and all there were two fish hooked by Patrick but none landed over the day, i got a possible take but it would have just bit the wing of the fly and not the hook.

It was great fun,i delivered the swap flies and i got to do a bit of fishing, talk about fishing with people equally interested and try my luck on the seatrout of our capital.

Mattias in the inner city
A good day and i hope i get to fish with these lads again!

No comments:

Post a Comment